Planning & Development Services Department

Development Services

301 D'Olive Street
Hours: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. 

For Planning & Zoning questions, contact:

Clair Dorough, City Planner


For building code information or
questions concerning new construction
permits, contact:

Patrick Robinson, Building Official



Rezoning Application: $300        
Variance Application: $250    
Special Exception Application: $250    
Annexation with R-1 Zoning: $100 plus Cost of Advertisement*    
Annexation with Zoning Petition: $250 plus Cost of Advertisement*    
Application for Minor Subdivisions: $250 plus $10 per lot plus $10 per certified letter        
Application for Preliminary Subdivision Plat for Major Subdivisions: $400 plus $10 per lot plus $10 per certified letter    
Application for Final Subdivsion Plat for Major Subdivisions: $250    
Request for Subdivision Extension: $250 per request    
Request for Extension of Reversionary Period: $250    
Extensive Plat Amendments: $250
Land Use Certificate: $25        
Zoning Verification: No Fee
Site Plan Application: $300    
Site Plan Renewal/Extension Fee: $200    
Sign Permit Application: $25 plus $1.00 per square foot    
Administrative Subdivision: $200 plus $10 per lot  
Exempt Subdivision Application: $200 plus $10 per lot
Administrative Appeal: $250
Community Banner Application: No Fee
Commercial Banner Application: $25 per banner, 4 max
*Advertisement fee must be paid in advance


Variance Application

Rezoning Application

Subdivision Preliminary Plat and Final Plat Application

Zoning Verification Request Form

Administrative Subdivision Application

Exempt Subdivision Application

Certification for Family Administrative Subdivision

Agent Authorization Form

Sign Application

Complaint Form

Site Plan Review Application

Zoning Verification

Land Use Application

Special Exception Application

Banner Application 

Building Code Information

The following Building Codes were adopted by Ordinance 962 on April 2, 2012:

  • International Building Code, 2012
  • International Gas Code, 2012
  • International Mechanical Code, 2012
  • International Plumbing code, 2012
  • International Residential Code, 2012 (as amended, please see ordinance)
  • International Energy Conservation Code, 2012 (as amended, please see ordinance)
  • Baldwin County Supplemental Code for Residential Structures in addtion to the IRC, 2012 (as amended, please see ordinance)
  • National Electric Code, 2011 for Commercial Buildings and Residential Building containing more than two (2) dwelling units
  • International Fire Code, 2012 (as amended, please see ordinance)
  • Local Wind Load Code-3 second gust winds: applicable to the 2012 IRC only

    I-10 to I-65 - 120 mph
    North of I-65 - 110 mph


  • Standard Building Code1997
  • Standard Plumbing Code 1997
  • Standard Fire Prevention Code 1997
  • Standard Gas Code 1997
  • National Electric Code1999

*Delete section R402.4.1.2 through R402.5 from 2012 International Energy Conservation Code. (Testing)
*Delete Section R 313 (Automatic Fire Sprinkler Systems)

All permit fees shall remain the same with the exception of residential re-roof which shall increase to $50.00.

The State of Alabama adopted the 2009 IECC which requires Duct Leakage Testing.  Any HVAC permit acquired after January 1, 2014 will require Duct Leakage Testing.


Q. I want to run a business out of my house. What do I need to get done so I can do this?
A. If your property is not zoned for a business, you will have to fill out an Application for Zoning Amendment. You will then have to go before the City of Bay Minette Planning Commission for approval.

Q. I am adding an addition to my house (sunroom, bedroom, storage room). Will I need a building permit?
A. Yes. Any construction or remodeling requires a building permit.

Planning Commission

The City of Bay Minette Planning Commission meets on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 8:00am in the Conference Room of the Bay Minette City Hall.

/Media/Resolution 2017-048.pdf

Board of Zoning and Adjustment

The City of Bay Minette Board of Zoning and Adjustment does not meet on a regular basis.
Check the Calendar or Bulletin Board at City Hall to see if a meeting is scheduled.
(Note: Meetings will be announced at least 1 week prior.)